Are you excited to shop for baby bath accessories in Malaysia? Aside from all baby bath stuff, you also need to get a playpen that will keep your child entertained while you are busy at home. But, how do you pick the safest one? You need to read tons of playpen reviews before finalizing your purchase. Take note of all the potential risks to your own child. These risks may involve protrusions and sharp edges.
Playpens come in many sizes and shapes. Some are made of plastic, wood or metal. Some playpens even have fabric or mesh walls. Portacots can also function as playpens, but comparatively smaller, so usually, they are only options for young toddlers.
What are the things you must look for in a safe playpen?
- Certification to an industry standard
- The walls must be at least 50cm high in order to prevent your kid from falling or climbing out
- Resistant, stable and strongly built to sustain tipping or lifting
What are the features that you must avoid?
- Openings and gaps that may trap a kid’s finger, head or limbs. The gaps must be between 50mm and then 95mm.
- Rotating or moving components that may injure children when a child’s body part gets in them.
- Footholds that a kid can use to climb out.
- Small objects or parts that can be inhaled or swallowed
- Sharp points, corners and edges
- Projections that may injure a kid, when he bumps into them.
- Openings and projections that can entangle kid’s clothes, and makes a strangulation hazard.
Other important features to take note of:
A gate can be useful, since you don’t need to lift the child up over all the sides. It must be very difficult for a kid to open, but convenient and safe for you.
Some playpens may be set up in multiple configurations. This can be useful for sectioning out areas like fireplaces, or fit rooms of multiple sizes.